|Our Mission||The Preservation, Promotion, and Documentation of the People and Historical Properties, Records, and Artifacts of Maury County, Tennessee|
Maury County Historical Society’s
2015 College Scholarship Program
Do you have a relative, neighbor, coworker, friend or acquaintance who is drawn to pursuing a college degree in history or historical preservation? If so, please let them know about the MCHS College Scholarship Program! Applications will be accepted through July 1, 2015, and awards made to students who will be enrolled in the 2015/2016 academic year (Fall 2015-Spring 2016).
The Maury County Historical Society College Scholarship Program is designed to recognize outstanding students of Maury County who are, or will be, majoring in history or historical preservation during the upcoming academic year. To qualify, a student must be a resident of Maury County, admitted or enrolled in a college or university majoring in history or historical preservation, and have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA. The annual stipends range from $500 to $1,500. The primary consideration in awarding these scholarships is academic achievement; however, activities, leadership and financial need may also be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 1st
1. APPLICATION – Please print in ink or type all information. If further space is needed, you may enclose a supplement. This application and accompanying transcripts must be postmarked no later than June 1st.
2. TRANSCRIPT – College students: Enclose a transcript from each college attended. High school seniors: Enclose a copy of your high school transcript, and a copy of your college or university admission letter. The transcripts must include all work completed at the time you submit this scholarship application.
3. REFERENCE LETTERS - If you wish, you may submit letters of recommendation or additional statements to substantiate the information in your application. These must include the name, address and contact information for each reference.
4. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS – Admission to, or enrollment in, a college or university is a prerequisite for this scholarship award.
5. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION – Incomplete applications can result in disqualification from consideration. All documents must be submitted by July 1st for your application to be considered. Applications must include:
An official college admission letter for the next academic year, or proof of current enrollment
College Students: Transcript(s) from all college(s) attended
Recent High School Graduates: high school transcript
Application form filled out completely, signed and dated.
6. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION & QUESTIONS/INQUIRIES -
Awards & Scholarship Committee
Maury County Historical Society
PO Box 147
Columbia, Tennessee 38402-0147
email to request form: email@example.com
Spring Hill, Tn
|Maury County Historical Society's
Jan- March, 2015 Featured Maury County Historic Site
Thanks for visiting the Maury County Historical Society's website. Enjoy your visit and we hope you visit us again during your future journeys into the world of historical interests and enjoyment.
Great sale! Great gift anytime!
"Historic Maury County
Places and People"
Publications! Books! Publications! Historic Maury Magazines!
Great prices! To order, go to our Publications page.
Top of Page
| Home | | Officers | | Contact Us | | Membership | | Meetings & Events | | By-Laws | | History | | Maury County Historical Society History | | Maury County History | | Historic Homes | | Historic Sites | | Biographical Histories | | Historic Maury | | March Issue | | June Issue | | September Issue | | December Issue | | Publications | | Featured Publication | | Book Publications | | Book Order Form | | Historic Maury Publications | | Historic Maury Order Form | | Genealogy |
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved. For webmaster queries, click on the highlighted e-mail address that follows: (webmaster at historicmaury dot com).